Asset Recovery Time
ERT maximizes your asset recovery by recycling, parts harvesting or remarketing any and all types of electronic equipment including computers, servers, copiers, scanners, telephone equipment, fax machines, cell phones and other electronic assets.
ERT's processes include:
- Receive, test, audit on all shipments
- Data bearing devices are shredded after the equipment is tested for functionality;
- Or at the customer's request, we will perform a DoD 5220.22-M compliant destructive overwrite of each hard drive in every device received.
- Hard drives with bad sectors or segments are automatically shredded.
- Receiving of the assets on the "bill of lading" ensuring that every asset that left your facility is accounted for when received at our processing center ensuring a unbroken change of custody.
- Asset tags are removed.
- Test for functionality ensuring each computing device will boot to a "C:" prompt and all factory-installed components are attached.
- Condition reporting, noting any excess wear, dents, scratches or missing components.
- Each asset is assigned a "product identification number" (PID) that is attached to each piece at receipt; this PID allows us to track each piece throughout our processes in our database.
- A settlement report is issued within our approved Service Level Agreements (SLA) describing each unit received
by make, model and internal configuration of computing assets, screen size, type and manufacture of each monitor.
- Non-computing devices are described in a manner consistent with its use (printer, scanner, switch, hub, router, etc.) Manufacturer names will be provided with these items (HP Model xxxx printer, Cisco hub model #, router model #, etc).
- At processing completion, equipment is packaged according to contractual requirements and placed in our finished goods area for sale or recycling.
- Based on value assessment, ERT will provide a value recovery strategy for each asset. These include:
- Resale - Our global remarketing ability enabling ERT to maximize the return for your assets.
- Parts harvesting - products are de0manufactured and parts are available for resale or introduction into the service supply chain.
- Shredding - material is sorted into metals, circuit boards and plastics shredded and smelted into raw material for re-introduction into the manufacturing supply chain.
ERT is registered with the U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and registered with the Texas Commission on Environment Quality (TCEQ).
At the completion of each job a certificate of Indemnification is issued covering data destruction.